Thursday, November 18, 2010

Working Together Is Success

A collaborative Lit. Circle enables us to work together. One of the main benefits of working in a partnership for Literature Circles is that the work is divided equally between the two partners . This way there is a decreased workload for both people and more time to focus on making your half of the Lit. Circle the best it can possibly be. A partner can also give you feedback, allowing to edit and revise your work, so you do not have silly mistakes to weigh down your grade. A cooperative partner listens to your ideas and contributes their own. They do not mind if one idea may be dismissed for another. Even though the work is less, you should not slack off, because if one person does not do their work it will affect their own and their partner's grade. When working with my partner I realized that we finished the Lit. Circle very early and before the due date. Usually it would have took longer for me, alone, to be done with the whole Lit. Circle. Since we completed early, we were able to check our work and spotted errors that we had not seen before. I think collaborative Literature Circles have various advantaged benefits.

Though doing a partnership Literature Circle has its benefits, it also has its difficulties. The problems that my partner and I encountered were minor, but nonetheless situations that we had to overcome. There was a moment where we both had run out of ideas and were not doing much work, but soon enough we snapped out of it and worked vigorously to finish the Lit. Circle. An obstacle that we faced was we both picked the same passage. We searched the book for a different passage and eventually found one. I found that working with a partner, though with a few challenges, was a stress-free experience. I realized there is no I in teamwork and that two heads are better than one. 

Having a partner for Literature Circle was interesting, for I was able to gain a better understanding of the novel. My partner opened my mind to new possibilities and additional information and we were able to  write this on our Lit. Circle, making it a mixture of unique thoughts and ideas. Some of her thoughts were so contrasting from mine, that first I had the conception that they were wrong, but once I thought logically I realized that they made sense. This will aid me when I do an individual Lit. Circle for my mind will try to think of other views on the story. I completed a Lit. Circle, with my partner, on a set of chapters in the story, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. One of my conclusions concentrated on the negative: it was Charlotte's fault that Zachariah and Mr. Cranick died. My partner, however, had the idea that it was not completely Charlotte's fault, for it was Captain Jaggery that was the one who was killing innocent people directly. I discovered that I agreed with this, also, but I had never really thought about it. 

Collaborative Literature Circle is a benefitial opportunity to work together and understand the story, thoroughly. With obstacles included, Collaborative Lit. Circles, I believe, are easier. In life you will need to cooperate with different people and this is a way for us to practice this, so we have improved collaboration and communication skills. I enjoy the less stress and the feeling of having a job accomplished before the day it is due. The ability to work in team will prove valuable when I work in a job later in life. The synergy of us two working together made this Literature Circle successful.





No comments:

Post a Comment