Friday, August 6, 2010

Hey, I'm Sunskruthi!

Hello, hello! I'm Sunskruthi. I am from Arizona, U.S.A, the Grand Canyon State. I am an animal lover and activist. I have a dog, a Lhasa Apso, who is so cute and obedient. He actually understands so many English words and it surprises me how he can fit so many vocabulary words in that little furry head of his. Well, this blog post is about me, so let's get back to me! I love to draw and write poems, novels, and short stories in my free time. Tennis is my favorite sport because I love to swing the racket with the wind in my face. Super supportive parents are for a super smiley girl (me)! I have one big brother in 11th grade, which means I get to embarrass him in front of his friends, since we are on the same campus, now! Just kidding.

My main hobby is reading. You can't catch me without a book on a Friday night. I adore fantasy books because I love how fictitious and impossible it gets, yet the author makes it seem so real. My imagination soars to new heights while reading every new book.

The last three books I have read are:
  • The Skeleton Key of the Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz
  • Ptolemy's Gate of the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
  • The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (currently reading now)




Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog







The Skeleton Key is about Alex Rider, a teenage spy in a world of danger and secrecy and it is a very exciting book. Ptolemy's Gate is about a wizard named Nathaniel, who finds himself in the need of the genie, Bartimaeus, once again. The Alchemyst is about Nicholas Flamel, an alchemyst (if you watch Harry Potter he's mentioned in Philosopher's stone), that has finally been found by his enemy, Dr. John Dee in the modern world in California.

The last movie I watched was 'How To Train Your Dragon'. The movie is about a boy named Hiccup (I know it is a funny name), who lives in a world full of dragon-killing vikings. When he finally does knock-out a dragon he does not have the heart to kill it. Thus, begins his research into the world of dragons and his loving friendship with a once known enemy. I know it is kind of an old movie, but I had not watched it, so I watched it on the Singapore Airlines flight to Europe over summer vacation.

Speaking of vacations, my most memorable vacation was in Europe and Turkey this summer. Sure, the trip was busy and hectic, visiting London, France, Italy, Germany, and Greece and seeing the London Bridge, the Eiffel Tower, the Roman Colosseum, the Berlin Wall, and the Athens Acropolis, but the best and concluding part was when we relaxed on a wonderful cruise across the Aegean Sea from Greece to Turkey. Ah, so peaceful watching the sunset and the beautiful Greek Islands.

My academic goal is to excel in all my classes and to not be tardy to classes. This year I'm going to focus on being organized. My social goal is to make friends with people I never even knew, or knew much about.

Here are four adjectives that describe me:

1. Simply Sweet
2. Shockingly Smart
3. Sensitively Serviceable
4. Super Silly

Definition of Sunskruthi: Girl who is almost always, SMILING! :)

Well, I think that's all there is to this blog post. It's a brand new year and, boy, I'm excited! New classes, lockers, teachers, and people! Well, one of those new classes is Humanities and this happens to be my blog for Humanities. I love Humanities because it includes two of my favorite subjects: Language Arts and Social Studies. The teachers are so nice and understanding, especially my class teacher. Enjoy my blog and keep up with my exciting new edition posts! :)

The Grand Canyon in my home state, Arizona!
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/Grand_Canyon/GC_23.html


No comments:

Post a Comment